Download all National Highways & Expressways of India Route Map PDF
Welcome to our new post. In this post, we will provide you with a PDF of the Indian National Highway Map. You can find the Indian National Highways route map which you can also download in PDF format at the end of this post.
Indian National Highways
The National highways in India are a network of trunk roads owned by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways. It is constructed and managed by the Central Public Works Department (CPWD), the National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (NHIDCL), and the public works departments (PWD) of state governments.
The National Highways Network of India covers 79,243 km of the country, including 1000 km of limited-access highways or limited-access roads.
While The Golden Quadrilateral (GQ) is the largest express highway project in India. It connects India’s four largest metropolises: Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai, and thus, forms a quadrilateral of sorts. Bengaluru, Pune, Ahmedabad, and Surat are also served by this network.
Facts About Indian National Highways
- NH 7 is the longest national highway in India with a total distance of 4,572 km from Varanasi to Kanyakumari.
- As per the new scheme, the longest national highway will be NH44, running from Srinagar to Kanyakumari.
- The Ahmedabad-Vadodara Expressway is known as one of the best expressways in India and is also referred to as National Expressway 1.
- The 95 km long express highway connects Ahmedabad and Vadodara and was constructed under the Golden Quadrilateral Project by NHAI in 2004.
- Three-digit numbered highways are secondary routes or branches of the main highway. The secondary route number is prefixed to the number of the main highway.
Download Indian National Highway Map PDF
You can download the Indian National Highway Map PDF from the download button given below.
We hope you find this content useful and are able to download the PDF for Indian National Highway Map.