If you are looking for Jalayagnam Scheme PDF, then you are in the right place. At the end of this post, we have added a button to directly download the PDF of YSR Jalayagnam Scheme Guidelines for free.
Jalayagnam or Jal Yagnam, (water worship), is a water management program in India. It was inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, India, Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy to the state’s farmers to bring 8.2 million acres (8.2 million acres) under irrigation in five years as an election promise. YSR has obtained the necessary approvals from the Central Government and NGTL.
Jalayagnam Scheme Details and Benefits
- The project gives top priority to the development of irrigation infrastructure especially in backward and drought-prone areas by undertaking this program on a large scale.
- The Jal Yagyam includes several irrigation projects to build reservoirs and lift irrigation systems to lift water from major rivers, especially the Godavari, to provide immediate irrigation benefits.
- The Jal Yagyam program was to complete 32 major and 17 medium irrigation projects at a cost of Rs. 650 billion to provide irrigation to the extent of 7.1 million acres.
- Besides stabilizing the existing ayacut of 2,132,000 acres, it provides drinking water to a population of 12 million and generates 1700 MW of electricity.
- Eight of these projects were to be completed before the Kharif season of 2006.
- The project requires the construction of 78 dams and is expected to displace significant numbers of people whose villages will be submerged.
If you want to download Jalayagnam Scheme with Project Details, then click on the download button provided at the end of this post.
- AIMS ATMA OMR Sheet PDF
- List of Engineering Colleges in West Bengal PDF
- LED Bulb Raw Material Price List PDF
Download Jalayagnam Scheme PDF
To download Jalayagnam Scheme Details PDF, then just click on the below download button. Within a few seconds, Jalayagnam Scheme with Benefits will be on your device.