If you are looking for the Passport Application Form by Indian Government PDF then you are in the right place. At the end of this post, we added a button to download the Indian Passport Application Form PDF for free.
What is a Passport?
Passports are necessary if you’d like to travel abroad as they confirm your identity and nation. They grant the deliverer safe passage and protection in a foreign land. You generally must present your passport several times at the field if you’re flying, and at the border if you’re traveling by auto.
An Indian passport is a passport issued by the Ministry of External Affairs of the Republic of India to Indian citizens for the purpose of transnational trip. It enables the deliverer to travel internationally and serves as evidence of Indian citizenship as per the Passports Act( 1967).
Passport Application Process
Here is a detailed process for applying for a passport via the online form in India.
- To apply for a fresh or reissued passport via Online Form Submission, users need to register on the Passport Seva Portal
- After registering, login to the Passport Seva Portal
- Click on Apply for Fresh Passport or Reissue of Passport link
- Fill in the required details in the form and submit
- After submitting the form for a fresh or reissued Passport, click the “Pay and Schedule Appointment” link to schedule an appointment at Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)
- Search for the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) location and select your PSK
- After booking the appointment at a selected PSK, you can make an online payment through Credit/Debit Card (MasterCard & Visa), Internet Banking (State Bank of India (SBI) and Associate Banks Only), or SBI Bank Challan
- You can calculate the fee for passport services through the Online Fee Calculator
- Users can take a print the application receipt containing the Application Reference Number (ARN) or Appointment Number
- Visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) where the appointment has been booked, along with original documents- An external website that opens in a new window such as Proof of Date of Birth, Identity proof with a photograph, Proof of Residency, and Proof of nationality.
Documents for Fresh Passport
- Photo passbook of running a bank account in any public sector bank, private sector bank, or regional rural banks
- A voter ID card
- Aadhaar card
- Electricity bill
- Rent agreement
- Driving license
- PAN card
- Landline or postpaid mobile bill
- Proof of gas connection
- Spouse’s passport copy (First and last page of the passport that includes the details of the family and mentions the applicant’s name as the spouse of the passport holder)
- Certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letterhead.
- Income Tax assessment order
- School leaving certificate
- Birth certificate issued by the Municipal Corporation
- Policy Bond issued by the Public Life Insurance Corporations/Companies having the DOB of the holder of the insurance policy.