svmcm.wbhed.gov.in is the official website to check Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Status. Here you will get details about SVMCM registration and scholarship amount. You will also get the renewal process and documents details in this post.
In India, central and other states government is providing financial aids to bright students who want to do higher studies, but unable due to economical issues. SVMCM or Swami Vivekananda Scholarship is the same initiative taken by the West Bengal State Government.
Swami Vivekanand Scholarship 2021
SVMCM (Swami Vivekanand Merit-cum-means Scholarship) is started by West Bengal State Government.
SVMCM is a scholarship scheme for the student of West Bengal studying in Higher Secondary, Undergraduate Degree, Post-Graduation and other above courses who are not economically strong.
SVMCM is also known as Bikash Bhavan Scholarship and it is a scheme for meritorious and economically backward class students of West Bengal.
SVMCM Basic Criteria
There are some basic criteria to get eligible for the SVMCM scheme.
- Applicants should be West Bengal residents.
- The total family Income of applicants should not be more than Rs. 2,50,000 per annum.
- Applicant should not be enjoying any other schemes of State Government for the same course.
- Applicant should be passed in the year 2020 or 2019 (unable to get admission in 2019 due to unavoidable circumstances).
- The scheme benefits only students who are studying in regular mode.
- This scholarship will be sanctioned on the basis of merit-cum-means criteria.
SVMCM Merit Criteria and Amount
There are some merit criteria that need to be fulfilled to get the benefits of this scheme. These criteria vary according to the recent qualification of students.
|COURSE||Eligibility Criteria||SCHOLARSHIP RATE PER MONTH (RS.)|
|UG (ARTS)||At least 75% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1000/-|
|UG(COMMERCE)||At least 75% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1000/-|
|UG (SCIENCE)||At least 75% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1500/-|
|UG (OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSES, UGC APPROVED)||At least 75% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1500/-|
|PG (ARTS)||At least 53% marks for SVMCM and 45% for Kanyashree(K3 applicants in Last Qualifying Exam||2000/-|
|PG (COMMERCE)||At least 53% marks for SVMCM and 45% for Kanyashree(K3 applicants in Last Qualifying Exam||2000/-|
|PG (SCIENCE)||At least 53% marks for SVMCM and 45% for Kanyashree(K3 applicants in Last Qualifying Exam||2500/-|
|PG (OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSES, UGC APPROVED)||At least 53% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||2500/-|
|NON NET M.PHIL./NON NET PH.D.||Date of Enrolment/Date of Registration not before 01.04.2017||5000/- / 8000/- Respectively|
|HS||At least 75% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1000/-|
|UG (ENGG.), PG (ENGG.) AND OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSES (AICTE APPROVED)||UG: 1. 75% 2. 75% in Diploma Course from WBSCT&VE&SD for lateral entry scheme. PG: 55% in Graduation from any State University/AICTE approved institute institute in West Bengal||5000/-|
|POLYTECHNIC (DIPLOMA COURSES)||At least 75% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1500/-|
|UG (MEDICAL-DEGREE) AND DIPLOMA COURSES||At least 75% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||5000/- AND 1500/- RESPECTIVELY|
Higher Secondary: The applicant should have scored a minimum of 75% in aggregate in the secondary school examination of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education.
Diploma Courses: The student securing a minimum of 75% in the below-given diploma courses also can apply:
- Diploma (Polytechnic),
- Diploma in 3-D animation & Graphics
- Modern Office Practice and Management.
UG Level: Student must obtain a minimum of 75% aggregate in Higher Secondary examination conducted by W.B. Council of H.S. education or Madrasha Siksha Parishad. Any stream students from UG (Arts/Commerce/Science) are eligible to apply and a separate merit list of each stream will be prepared.
PG Level: Applicant must score a minimum of 53% marks in the Honours subjects at their graduation level. Kanyashree scheme recipients (K-2) students with 45% aggregate in UG course are also applicable for this scheme.
Note: Kanyashree is a scheme launched by West Bengal Government for providing financial assistance for Girl’s education in the state.
- K-1: Girls of 13-18 years.
- K-2: College Girls between 18-19 years.
- K-3: Girl students who have passed UG degree with at least 45% marks and taking admission into PG courses.
SVMCM Registration Process
Students can apply for this scholarship only by online mode. The full application process with necessary steps has been given below:
Step 1: Registration
The first step in the application process for fresh students is to register your valid mobile number and Email Id. On the official website of SVMCM, the registration button can be seen at the top right side.
Applicants have to enter OTP generated on the registration site and a unique application Id will be generated.
Step 2: Application Form
After Login with the application Id and password applicant have to fill the necessary information in the application form.
Applicants also have to upload scanned copies of signature and passport size photo. The photo (20-50kb) and signature (10-20kb) must be in the format of JPG/JPEG
Step 3: Upload Documents
After submitting the application form, the applicant has to upload PDF files of all the documents mentioned below and the size should not exceed 400kb.
The documents that should be uploaded for fresh and Kanyashree Applications:
- Mark sheet of Madhyamik Examination or its equivalent (Both sides)
- Mark sheet of last Board/Council/University/College examination (Both sides)
- Admission receipt
- Income certificate of family (Not Applicable for Kanyashree)
- Domicile certificate as Aadhaar ID/Voter ID/Ration card/Certificate issued by concerned authority
- Scanned copy of Bank Passbook (1st Page, containing A/C No. and IFSC)
Step 4: Submission
After uploading all the documents, you should check all the details by clicking on the view mode and then click on submit the application.
Students can check the status by logging into the SVMCM website with the same credentials.
For renewal of existing beneficiaries or after registering applicants have to directly login into their account.
Documents required for renewal.
- Marksheet of last qualifying exams of the course (Both sides and in case of semester examination, both semester marksheets).
- Admission receipt for the promotion to the next higher class.